Our guarantee to you:
A decade of satisfaction, or we’ll fix it.
Our indoor use carpet warranty means if your product is properly installed and maintained, but the surface pile in any given area is abrasively worn more than 10% within 10 years, we’ll personally pay to replace the area. (Our warranty covers abrasive wear, not tears, pulls, cuts, or other damage due to improper installation or improper cleaning. Stairs are excluded from this offer.) After 5 years, carpet replacement cost is pro-rated.
Carpet should be installed in accordance with the Carpet and Rug Institute’s standard CRI-104 and installed over manufacturer’s recommended pad. This warranty gives you specific legal rights.
1-year delamination guarantee
This carpet is warranted for indoor use by the manufacturer not to delaminate. The following CRI carpet installation standards must be followed for the warranty to be valid:
1. The carpet cannot get wet. This will void all warranties.
2. Pad must be used. Pad recommendation is for a minimum of 8 pounds and a thickness not to exceed 7/16 inch.
3. Separate cushion shall be securely fastened to the subfloor with smooth side up.
4. Separate cushion seams shall be perpendicular to carpet seams or offset by at least 6 inches.
5. Tackless strips shall be not less than 1 inch wide and 1/4 inch thick.
6. Tackless strips are to be fastened around the perimeter of the room with a gully slightly less than the thickness of the carpet from the wall, but not to exceed 3/8 inch.
7. Do not place tackless strips across door openings or door sills except where there is a threshold.
8. Carpet shall not be stapled to the tackless strip.
9. Before seaming, the carpet should be power stretched at seam line.
10. Trim all edges used for seaming at least one inch on each side.
11. Seam edges should be sealed with an appropriate seam sealer.
12. 4 to 6 inch hot melt tape must be used on all the seams.
13. After seaming, the carpet must be properly stretched with the edges hooked to the tackless strips of the starting and surrounding walls with a power stretcher. Use of a power stretcher is mandatory.